jdavies.blogspot

Old blog, since 2002. Haven't updated in more than decade. Keeping it online for nostalgia feels.

Wishes I Would Have Made

Digg!

The promised celestial show of Perseids shooting stars did not happen. Perhaps that's how it goes if the peak date is before a Friday the 13th - I don't know ... but heaven just wasn't on our side. Too bad... but heck I still have a beer in my hand - that's good enough.

Well, whatever! In the spirit of politics and mushiness - here's my list of things I would have wished had I seen the meteor shower:

  1. I won't be corny or hypocritical if I say I would have wished for world peace right? Well I would have but thought it would not happen anyways so let's just say I would have wished for Bush losing by a large margin - that will approximate things.
  2. I would have wished for more beer.
  3. I would have wished for the word "marginalized" (Thanks, ann) to be stricken off the dictionary - citing obsolescence as the main reason.
  4. The first red streak I would see would have been wished for more Filipino historical adaptation films - not so much about historical accuracy but more about unnamed heroes in their romantic struggles - perhaps period films in the mood of Legends of the Fall. I wonder how it would have turned out seeing a young man battle it out to the last bullet in Tirad Pass - the story not being about the young general but more about the others and their wives, their lives, and their rendezvous with certain doom. Perhaps they can give 70% less tax on movies like these? Well of course not when we have a deficit.
  5. Would have wished for more booze.
  6. Would have wished real deal Zoning and Urban Planning exists in the Philippines.
  7. Would have wished all Meralco Transmission lines gone - this one thing (like Cito Beltran) is my pet peeve. I've always thought beauty is about proportion and clean lines. The electric posts and those "sampayan" (clothesline) architecture of the Manila skyline is just something to be angry about. Thing is imagine they are just gone for a day and you'll understand how beatiful Manila can be had these black molded spaghetti wires been removed. Thing is the congestion of Manila is being copied elsewhere in other urban areas - with more flyovers, elcetric posts and deadspots as the standard of being an "in-city".
  8. Ok well I also would have wished something for me - I wished for $2M worth of high-end audiophile equipment and a sound room not connected to any part of our house - so sound proof that outside will be just like whisper... well arguably $2M may not be enough but what the heck I'm just wishing anyways. It's free when you wish.
  9. I would have wished that the Houston Rockets signed Brent Barry but since he is with the San Antonio Spurs I like it that way - it's still a Texas Team, besides they got Charlie Ward and Bob Sura anyways that's fine enough seeing them with Yao Ming and tracy McGrady.
  10. I would have wished for more and more booze. Imagine if Tito Rolly brought another six pack, Sassy with her prized tapa (that looked so good in the pic by the way), maybe make it a little spicy - then Mari and ann brings in some more - then Bayib surprises us with a visit hahahaha Oh well just wishful thinking... Bora anyone? :-)

Ok so there goes it - they say to make certain the prediction of the future - take steps to make it happen. We can't be wishing all the time anyways... But heck it happens only in August so just keep it coming!


posted by Jdavies @ 8/13/2004,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


The Author

J.Davies

Jdavies lives in Quezon City, Philippines and has been blogging since 2002. A brand manager in a leading technology company and a freelance new media/web strategy consultant, he has refocused his blogging from personal, political & sociological observations, to marketing-related efforts and Internet trends that are relevant to his career and branding advocacies.


About This Blog

This blog is a depot of thoughts and observations on marketing trends which remain personally relevant to the Author as far as his marketing career is concerned. Having evolved from the personal blog of Jdavies, much of the earlier work contained herein are laced with personal speculation, political views, and similar advocacies. These posts are being kept for posterity's sake and for no other reason. No effort is being made to claim that the author will not contradict himself from his previous positions or that such advocacies are absolute.

Contact

Request access to my Linked-in Profile


Web This Blog

Email me whenever the site is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Links

Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates