jdavies.blogspot

Old blog, since 2002. Haven't updated in more than decade. Keeping it online for nostalgia feels.

Moby and Eminem
had me thinking of EDSA

Digg!

I got a request to post Eminem's Mosh video here and embed it on this site but it's going to be too big for the website, but my loading time will be affected. It's available on Guerilla News Networks anyways which I have blogged on my previous post. Here's the newest:

In his website, my fave Moby posted a big 'Wow' to Eminem's song Mosh - calling the song and the video, "the best thing that [he's] seen all year". He urged all his fans to see it. How rare can we see artists --- almost enemies at that ready to forget their differences and move on for a singular cause? He posts this in his blog:

wow. you know that eminem and i have had our differences in the past. but this video:
http://www.gnn.tv/videos/viewer.php?id=27&spd=hi

is the best thing that i've seen all year. it's an amazing song and an even
more amazing video. please go watch. thanks

moby

(link's here)


This is one proof that politics can indeed be UNITING not DIVIDING. Bush's politics is as dividing as ever --- I'l post one where he gives the finger... Imagine that even in this part of the world my friends and I talk about who will win and who we are rooting for in this US Elections --- we are of divided opinions until I had to explain my points --- we're divided. And to think that we are 1000 miles away!
In Old Pax Romana, it's special to be a Roman Citizen, you have your priviledges. In this Pax Americana (which some contest of course) I wonder how good it feels to be possesing the power to vote somebody out of office! I can only approximate how that vote feels when I first voted someone out out of office and failed; and when I was in the streets on EDSA II, one of the earliest, hitched hiked onto Randy David's pick-up truck (or his friend's ?) We were completely anonymous people at the back of that truck - with nobody knowing each others names, say perhaps one or two only would be friends close to us, and yet we are united in one ideal.

Toward Edsa we texted as many as we can to join, those friends on the roadside in the Katipunan noise barraged, urged to convoy with us or go to EDSA --- all the noise, the shouts, the confetti from David's Condominium and all of it - culminating on a vote to remove the unwanted senators: J.O.S.E. C.O.H.O.R.T.S. ! I wonder how voting against Bush will feel! Is it the same passion? Will it feel as good, or more?

This video and the subsequient kudos from Moby is another effin for Bush. I'm happy to hear this since I am a Moby fan myself. I can't help but repeat: This is one proof that politics can indeed be UNITING not DIVIDING.

Labels:

posted by Jdavies @ 10/29/2004,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


The Author

J.Davies

Jdavies lives in Quezon City, Philippines and has been blogging since 2002. A brand manager in a leading technology company and a freelance new media/web strategy consultant, he has refocused his blogging from personal, political & sociological observations, to marketing-related efforts and Internet trends that are relevant to his career and branding advocacies.


About This Blog

This blog is a depot of thoughts and observations on marketing trends which remain personally relevant to the Author as far as his marketing career is concerned. Having evolved from the personal blog of Jdavies, much of the earlier work contained herein are laced with personal speculation, political views, and similar advocacies. These posts are being kept for posterity's sake and for no other reason. No effort is being made to claim that the author will not contradict himself from his previous positions or that such advocacies are absolute.

Contact

Request access to my Linked-in Profile


Web This Blog

Email me whenever the site is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Links

Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates