jdavies.blogspot

Old blog, since 2002. Haven't updated in more than decade. Keeping it online for nostalgia feels.

Digg!

Saturdays

Saturdays are meant to be fun. I remember my childhood Saturdays in front of a TV we call the Fun Machine. Incidentally a Saturday parade of shows in one network is aptly billed as Saturday Fun Machine. It was a ritual.

Breakfast and snacks in front of the Tube and that's it - it don't matter whether I got homeworks piling up as long as I have my Saturday dose of cartoons. My friends will come on over to watch ... although I remember one whole week when our TV exploded I needed to befriend an enemy I absolutely abhor just to watch in their TV. Centurions, Bravestar, SilverHawk, Voltes V, Voltron, ThunderSub, ThunderCats, Care Bears (yes, care bears, coz my crush loves it I needed to be "in the know" ), and Scooby-Doo and all of them Hannah-Barbera oldies; Woody-woodpecker, Mighty Mouse, that penguin that loves the fish whatever his name is, Yogi and Huckleberry hound...them all.

Afternoons will be nothing but playing out in the field. Soldiers in the thickets maybe? or Treasure hunters in our back yard... I even remember catching a slimy frog one good Saturday. Play geologist or sculptor, teacher, doctor or daddy? Yes, even daddy.. It was all fun.

But that was 10 Saturday years ago when them days are meant to be fun.

posted by Jdavies @ 9/14/2002,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


The Author

J.Davies

Jdavies lives in Quezon City, Philippines and has been blogging since 2002. A brand manager in a leading technology company and a freelance new media/web strategy consultant, he has refocused his blogging from personal, political & sociological observations, to marketing-related efforts and Internet trends that are relevant to his career and branding advocacies.


About This Blog

This blog is a depot of thoughts and observations on marketing trends which remain personally relevant to the Author as far as his marketing career is concerned. Having evolved from the personal blog of Jdavies, much of the earlier work contained herein are laced with personal speculation, political views, and similar advocacies. These posts are being kept for posterity's sake and for no other reason. No effort is being made to claim that the author will not contradict himself from his previous positions or that such advocacies are absolute.

Contact

Request access to my Linked-in Profile


Web This Blog

Email me whenever the site is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent Posts

Links

Archives

Powered By

Powered by Blogger
make money online blogger templates